There are different times when you may need a password or PIN code with your idCAT Certificate. Below you will find the details.
At the Registration Entity, when you apply for the idCAT Certificate, they make you enter a “personal code” that only you know .
If now, when downloading the certificate, you do not remember it:
- There is no way to recover it (it's done this way for security: only you know it )
- You have 10 attempts over 90 days
- If you do not remember, you must request a new idCAT Certificate in person at a idCAT Registration Entity and be sure to indicate a personal code that is easy for you to remember.
You will find this code at:
- the delivery slip that was given to you at the Registration Entity idCAT i
- the email received with instructions to download and install the certificate.
When you install the idCAT Certificate you have the option of adding a PIN for use that will be requested every time you want to identify yourself or sign with the certificate. You must bear in mind that:
- This PIN is optional and by default the certificate is not installed with a PIN.
- The code you enter cannot be recovered, it is important that it is a secure code, but that you can easily remember.
- In case you forget it:
- If you saved the certificate file when you downloaded it, just install it again without a PIN or with a new one that you can easily remember.
- If you do not have the original file, you must request a new idCAT Certificate in person at a idCAT Registration Entity.
If you have exported or backed up your idCAT Certificate, you will have set a password to protect the certificate.
- If you don't remember it , and you still have access to the computer where you have it installed, do a new export with a password that you can easily remember.
- If you can't do a new export (e.g. you no longer have the computer it was installed on), you should keep in mind that:
- Attempts are infinite and no blocking
- Password cannot be recovered (it's between you and your computer)
- If you cannot remember it, you must request a new idCAT Certificate in person at a idCAT Registration Entity.