If you have the idCAT Certificate or want to know if you have it and confirm that it works correctly or verify its validity to use it, for example, when accessing a procedure, below you will find the tests you can perform:
Check that the idCAT Certificate is installed in the certificate store of the browser you are using:
- Mozilla Firefox : Go to Tools >Settings>Privacy and Security>Certificates>Show certificates>Your certificates. You must search for "your name+DNI" under the grouping Consorci Administración Oberta de Catalunya.
- Google Chrome : Go to Settings >Privacy and security>Security>Manage certificates >Personal. You have to search for "your name+ EC Citizenship".
- Safari : open the “Finder” menu and type the word “keyboards”, this will open the “keyboards” folder on your computer. In the subsection "My certificates" you have to look for "your name" and if you click on it "Clau de idcat.cat" should appear.
- Microsoft Edge: Go to Settings >Privacy>Security>Manage certificates>Certificates> Personal. You have to search for "your name+ EC Citizenship".
If you don't see idCAT in your browser, it could be:
- That you have not requested it. In case of doubt, contact the User Service Center.
- That you haven't installed it. See how to find the idCAT Certificate file and how to install it .
To confirm that your idCAT is working correctly, you can try to identify yourself on the website of a public administration or the Ens de Proves DEMO e-TRAM (the procedures carried out have no legal validity).
In this regard, access the Generic Instance from the "Start" button and select the "Digital Certificate" option:
If you can access correctly, your certificate is properly installed in the browser and is working properly.
You can try to sign with your certificate through Signasuite , to do so click on the Sign option:
You will have to choose the document to sign:
You can customize the location and display type of the signature:
Once the options have been chosen, click Sign; the signing process will start and you will be given the option to select which certificate you want to sign with; select your idCAT and press Sign
You will see the message confirming that the signature has been done correctly, and you can download the signed document through the Download option.
Once you have the file, you can validate it by accessing Signasuite and clicking the Validate option:
You will have to select that you want to validate a certificate and select the file corresponding to the public key of your idCAT
Once the file is selected, click Validate and you will see the status of your idCAT
If, after carrying out the above tests, your idCAT certificate is valid and works correctly and you are still unable to access the procedure, we recommend that you contact the provider of this.
You might be interested in: