No, the management cannot ask you to provide the idCAT Certificate.

Keep in mind that the idCAT Certificate is personal and non-transferable. Leaving it for a third party to use compromises the security of the certificate because, when the third party uses the certificate, it implies that they are acting as if they were you; that is, impersonating your identity .

In this sense, you will be responsible for the legal consequences arising from the use of the idCAT certificate because you are the owner. Therefore, it is important that you are careful and prevent it from being used by someone else.

So what can you do if the management asks you for the idCAT Certificate to act on your behalf?

In this case, it is recommended that you grant representation to the management, so that it processes on your behalf; you can also define which actions it can take and which administrations it can act against. Thus, you limit what the management can legally do on your behalf.

Through the Representa service you can request the registration of the representation. You can do it in person or electronically through the portal of each organization.

Related articles: