The AOC Consortium and the Generalitat de Catalunya are promoting various digital identity services to make it easier to start procedures and management with the Administration. All these services use the idCAT brand (digital identity of Catalonia).
Citizens can request two identification services to use in their relationship with the Administration (depending on the type of procedure and the Administration offering, one or both of them may be used):
- idCAT Mobile : a digital identification system based on sending one-time passwords to the mobile phone. This system can be requested in person and electronically with two options: with a digital certificate and without a digital certificate but providing a set of personal data. Citizens must be over 16 years old to apply for this identification system.
- idCAT Certificate : it is the system based on a digital certificate in software. This system can only be requested in person, as it requires checking the identity of the citizen on site :
Differences in relation to security :
- idCAT Certificat: it is a cryptographic identification service that provides medium (substantial) level guarantees.
- idCAT Mobile: is a non-cryptographic identification service that provides a different level of guarantees depending on the registration (obtainment) process used:
- Face-to-face or telematic registration with a digital certificate: medium (substantial) level.
- Online registration with information known only to the citizen and the Administration (identity document and health card data): low level. 99% of idCAT Mobile users have registered with this process.
Note : these two systems are completely independent and compatible with each other, that is to say, applying for one, if you already have the other, does not imply either the modification of the data or the cancellation of the first.